Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Thursday, November 11

DADT and Veterans Day


Proud to Serve from Jo Ann Santangelo on Vimeo.

A powerful video.

We'll just ignore for a moment that we are referring to humans, who help protect our country. Apparently, the Government Accountability Office found in 2005 that the cost of discharging and replacing service members fired because of sexual orientation totaled at least $190.5 million. That monetary point should be enough to repeal DADT.

I'm clearly not a fan (at all) of DADT, but I think it's a shame that people have to hide who they are in order to serve their country. Especially at a time when we *need* service men and women.

Why is this a good idea? Please, tell me.

No comments: