Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Wednesday, December 1

Exhausted

The cursor is blinking at me as I try to figure out what to write.

I'm tired. I'm stretched too thin.  I did too much, volunteered for too much, and there's so much more I want to do.  I haven't had a good nights sleep in I don't know how long.  Apartment is too cold.  One of our pets died. There's so much going on.

Tonight, we're hosting Belated Thanksgiving at our apartment.  It's not cleaned. It's not dirty, but since the husband and I are "setter downers" (according to him), it's cluttered with papers. We're not unpacked.

I have a meeting at 2:30 and another at 6:30.  The dinner begins at 7. 

I have homework to do. Lots of it because I fell behind.  I have two tests to prepare for.  I have two papers to write, and 5 chapters to read, mostly buy tomorrow.

I'm stretched too thin and that makes it hard to write, even though it's what I love doing.

For now, I'll do as Dori does and just keep going, hoping for a respite soon.

No comments: