Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Friday, July 30

TWLOHA

Have you guys heard of, To Write Love on Her Arms?

If you haven't, then I vote you check out that link. TWLOHA is to raise awareness about suicide. It's to create a community. It's to give hope. It's to awaken people to what's going on around them. It's to connect people to resources. It's incredible.

And I'm at their conference today and tomorrow.

See, a friend of mine asked me if I was planning on going. I didn't know they were coming, I responded. I then checked out the website. However, it costs $125 to attend. [insert painful sound]. But, one thing my parents taught me was that asking never hurts and you'd always wonder... so I emailed them. And Kaitlyn got back to me and worked with me on a price which was super affordable for me to go. Because they're amazing and they *want* students involved.

So, I'm going!

Move Community Conferences from To Write Love on Her Arms. on Vimeo.

No comments: