Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Friday, September 17

Baby Weight

Haha. I hope I just gave all 5 of my readers a little heart attack.

I've made the decision to lose 30-50 lbs before getting pregnant/adopting/fostering. The idea just kind of hit me last night. I want kids (phew, that's out there) and I want to be the healthiest I can be (without getting insane about it, which has been known to happen) before having babies. To me, it just seems it would be easier to maintain while raising kids then to start. So, that's been decided.

I have a bit to do it too. See, I've done research about academics and having kids etc. and it's basically agreed that if a woman would like to have kids, the best time to do it is while she's dissertating.

Which makes total since.

When I'm working on my dissertation, I get to make my own hours and I don't have classes. Or at least not 10 hours of demanding classes. So, that's 4 years away, minimum. Thus, I have time.

And, just so we're clear, as of 9/17/2010 I am NOT pregnant. :D

No comments: