Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Friday, December 3

TGIF {2}

TGIF stands for Trust, Gratitude, and Inspiration Friday.  It's the brain child of Brené Brown. She writes that it comes from the idea that joy is more like twinkle lights because it comes only in moments, those ordinary, everyday moments.  But, we miss those because we're so busy wanting more, or looking for something more extraordinary. "I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude, and inspiration."
Vintage TypewriterThis week, I'm trusting that I can make it through the next couple of weeks while feeling drained. 
I'm grateful for my husband who helps me stay sane while trying to get through everything. I'm also incredibly grateful for my new camera, and the way I'm expressing myself with it.
And I'm inspired by the fact that I have friends who are close to getting their Ph.d.'s and moving forward, because it tells me that I can do this, and I can do this with my husband. I'm also inspired by my typewriter.

No comments: