Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Friday, December 17

TGIF {3}

Note: TGIF stands for Trust, Gratitude, and Inspiration Friday.  It's the brain child of Brené Brown. She writes that it comes from the idea that joy is more like twinkle lights because it comes only in moments, those ordinary, everyday moments.  But, we miss those because we're so busy wanting more, or looking for something more extraordinary. "I believe a joyful life is made up of joyful moments gracefully strung together by trust, gratitude, and inspiration."


This week I am trusting that I can relax and enjoy this break from school. It's surprisingly hard to do. 

I am grateful for finishing my semester. The first of my second year of my Ph.D. program.
And friends.
And wine.
And laughter.
And 750words.

And, I am inspired by the lights of the season. I love this time of the year, even though I am typically more sad.  It's just so beautiful and glowly and warm. I love walking into our apartment with all the Christmas lights on and smiling because it's just lovely. And, I hope our decorations make people driving by smile too.

What's your TGIF?

No comments: