Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Thursday, December 16

#reverb10 -- day 16

Oooh! I'm doing another one! In order! I'm patting myself on the back.

When this reverb hit my inbox, I felt like I had to write about it, because there's a lot to talk about.  Also because in the author photo, the necklace she is wearing is one of the husbands tattoo's, and who could pass that up? It's meant to be.
December 16 – Friendship
How has a friend changed you or your perspective on the world this year? Was this change gradual, or a sudden burst?
(Author: Martha Mihalick)
This year, I have been amazed at the friendships which are slowly opening to me.  I feel like I still have a lot of acquaintances, but I am definitely opening myself to friends, which I have not done in ages. I also came to peace with two friendships which ended, and that changed me to. 

Those two, which ended for good this year were painful. Super painful. They both meant a lot to me, and I lost them both throughout the wedding planning process and that loss was solidified this year. But without that pain, I don't know if I would have opened myself to others who are so beautiful.

Who have infectious spirits and laughs and humor. d

How have the friendships of these people changed me? I've learned to trust. I've learned to be authentic. I'm still not 100% open, because it's scary and I worry about friendships ending, but I'm working on that business. I've learned that I love these people for what they've taught me and for what they will and for how they've all supported me, even if they didn't know it.  I'm grateful for all of them, even the ones which have hurt me because those are just growing pains

And, because I like pictures:

 

This isn't everyone. There are many of whom I don't have pictures of.
So, for everyone who has been a friend to me this year, thank you.

No comments: