Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Wednesday, January 5

Winter Holidays in 2010

Wanna see my holidays?

Belated Family Thanksgiving

Last year, we started a tradition of doing Thanksgiving after the fact.  We wanted one holiday which we could spend with all of our friends, since a lot of people travel for the others. Last year was a lot of fun, and this year did not disappoint.

Hanukkah
And, we went to a Hanukkah party. Remember?

Ugly Sweater Party
And then there was an ugly sweater party with some past coworkers. I wore a Santa sweater.


In between, I turned 23 which meant a spectacular spaghetti party with good friends. Have I told you that I kind of love my life?


Christmas presents!
Then, of course my parents were in town for a week which was a blast. I love the wrapping paper EVERYWHERE after opening gifts. Some of my favorite photos.



Masquerade Ball

And finally, we make it to New Years Eve where we went to a masquerade ball. I made our masks, curled my hair, wore make up and a cute blue party dress. It felt like -15 outside but it was worth it. We danced to the Beatles and we rang in the New Year. That put 2011 off to an amazing start.

How were your holidays?

No comments: