Nice to Meet You

My photo
Originally from Texas, I am a reader, writer, pseudo-gardener, baker, record collecting student working on my Ph.D. in the Midwest.

Thursday, February 3

Damn you, DVR

I have a bone to pick with my DVR. I know there are probably hundreds of blog posts out there about DVR's and the fact that they kind of have a mind of their own. But, it's now my turn.

Our DVR has a mind of it's own. Seriously. And, it's beginning to piss me off.

We came home tonight from a lovely impromptu date night. We went to dinner spending our Groupon and then went and saw Black Swan*. And then, we came home and cozied up to eachother on the couch preparing to watch some good ol' DVR amazingness.

I pulled up the list and noticed something was missing.

Can you see what's missing? Probably not. But, it's 9:30 and Private Practice isn't recording. It should say, "Private Practice" and have a little recording icon next to it. But, that's missing.

Are you kidding me?! Ugh.

Now, I know I'm being ridiculous. I'm really worked up about this which tells me that I need to let go of the television again for a while. But until then, damn you DVR for being wonderful enough that I get hooked to you and then not recording my shows.

*Black Swan: I'm still precessing this movie. It was intense. I mean, wow.

4 comments:

Heather said...

At least you can watch it online tomorrow! We missed American Idol's Nashville auditions last week because our DVR wanted to play games.

Nicole said...

It's true. At least it is something I can pull up tomorrow. Just, dangit, I have a schedule! ;)

stephanie said...

My DVR wasn't going to record Private Practice either, I think something got messed up when they had that time slot change with Off the Map? I had to manually choose it. Yuk. ...Not to rub it in but I'm watching now and its good. So at least you have something to look forward to?

Nicole said...

I didn't think about the time slot thing with Off the Map, because that did record as Private Practice. Hmmm. And, I'm glad to hear it's good...